When ordering course materials online, It is the student's responsibility to choose the correct textbooks and course materials. Duplicate and incorrect purchases are not eligible for refund. Please double-check your course and text information before placing your order. Textbook pricing, information, and availability is subject to change.
Textbooks may only be returned if you have dropped or changed classes. The following conditions apply:
- Returns may be done through the first week of the term in which they were purchased. No refunds will be issued after the first week of that term. Materials purchased before financial aid is available in the store and after the first week of the term are considered final sales.
- You must have a copy of your current schedule dated the day you come in to return your text.
- You must have a receipt for proof of purchase.
- There is a $2 return fee subtracted from the total refund.
- Refunds will be given in the same manner as the purchase, e.g. if a credit card was used, the same credit card is needed for a refund; if financial aid was used, financial aid will be credited.
- Shrink-wrapped books will be considered used once unwrapped and will be refunded at the used price. There are circumstances when a new, shrink-wrapped book will be non-refundable. Ask a bookseller for details.
- New, unwrapped books, i.e. new books that were never shrink-wrapped, must be in new condition; if bent or marked, it will be refunded as a used book. Water damaged books will not be refunded.
- Refunds will not be issued for incorrect or duplicate purchases.
SPECIAL ORDERS and online orders
- Special and online orders that have not been picked up by the end of week 6 of the current term will be considered bookstore property. As a reminder, refunds are only issued through the first week of the term. Duplicate and incorrect orders are not eligible for refunds.
Software, laptops, tablets, computers, calculators, and other electronics are non-returnable. Should you have any issues with these products you must contact the vendor (ie Hewlett Packard) for any service issues.
CREDIT CARD POLICY
- The UCC Bookstore will accept a Visa or Mastercard with bank authorization if it has the cardholder’s name and signature on it. Purchaser must be in possession of the card at the time the purchase is made. Please be prepared to show I.D.
- If you are using a parent’s card, you must have a signed authorization from the cardholder for each purchase, stating: card number, expiration date, your name, date and a dollar limit.
- Returns will be credited to the same card on which the purchase was made.
- We are unable to accept credit/debit cards payments over the phone. If you can’t come to the store, visit the UCC Bookstore website to make purchases with a credit/debit card.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. I am at least 18 years of age and am currently enrolled at UCC.
2. I understand that the materials rented to me are the property of the UCC Bookstore.
3. I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented. I bear the full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in saleable condition and for payment of fees and book costs if rented materials are lost, stolen, or returned in unsaleable condition. Unsaleable condition includes damages incurred to the rented material as determined by the UCC Bookstore staff.
4. I will return the rented materials to the UCC Bookstore by the last day of finals week of the term the rental occurs. The Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via any carrier.
5. If I fail to return the materials by the rental return date, they may be considered “lost.” Once materials are considered “lost” they may no longer be returned. I understand that a $25 late fee may be placed on my collateral card or student account and I may be charged the purchase price for any materials not returned on time or returned in unsaleable condition (“lost”). Rental pricing will not be deducted from the price of materials. Further, in the event charges are placed on my student account, I understand that a hold will be placed on all College services until I pay all financial debts to the College.
6. If I drop a course, rented materials must be returned immediately, even if I will be taking the course in a future term. The UCC Bookstore standard refund policy applies. (See Bookstore web site)
7. I understand that I am renting this material for one term only.
8. I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable for any reason, past the normal returns deadlines for course materials.
9. Books not returned and associated penalties may be assigned collection by a third party agency.