When ordering course materials online, It is the student's responsibility to choose the correct textbooks and course materials. Duplicate and incorrect purchases are not eligible for refund. Please double-check your course and text information before placing your order. Textbook pricing, information, and availability is subject to change.
Textbooks may only be returned if you have dropped or changed classes. The following conditions apply:
- Returns may be done through the first week of the term in which they were purchased. No refunds will be issued after the first week of that term. Materials purchased before financial aid is available in the store and after the first week of the term are considered final sales.
- You must have a copy of your current schedule dated the day you come in to return your text.
- You must have a receipt for proof of purchase.
- There is a $2 return fee subtracted from the total refund.
- Refunds will be given in the same manner as the purchase, e.g. if a credit card was used, the same credit card is needed for a refund; if financial aid was used, financial aid will be credited.
- Shrink-wrapped books will be considered used once unwrapped and will be refunded at the used price. There are circumstances when a new, shrink-wrapped book will be non-refundable. Ask a bookseller for details.
- New, unwrapped books, i.e. new books that were never shrink-wrapped, must be in new condition; if bent or marked, it will be refunded as a used book. Water damaged books will not be refunded.
- Refunds will not be issued for incorrect or duplicate purchases.
SPECIAL ORDERS and online orders
- Special and online orders that have not been picked up by the end of week 6 of the current term will be considered bookstore property. As a reminder, refunds are only issued through the first week of the term. Duplicate and incorrect orders are not eligible for refunds.
Software, laptops, tablets, computers, calculators, and other electronics are non-returnable. Should you have any issues with these products you must contact the vendor (ie Hewlett Packard) for any service issues.
CREDIT CARD POLICY
- The UCC Bookstore will accept a Visa or Mastercard with bank authorization if it has the cardholder’s name and signature on it. Purchaser must be in possession of the card at the time the purchase is made. Please be prepared to show I.D.
- If you are using a parent’s card, you must have a signed authorization from the cardholder for each purchase, stating: card number, expiration date, your name, date and a dollar limit.
- Returns will be credited to the same card on which the purchase was made.
- We are unable to accept credit/debit cards payments over the phone. If you can’t come to the store, visit the UCC Bookstore website to make purchases with a credit/debit card.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL AGREEMENT
- I am at least 18 years of age and am currently an enrolled UCC student.
- I understand that the materials rented to me are the property of the UCC Bookstore.
- I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented. I bear the full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in saleable condition and for payment of fees and new book replacement costsif rented materials are lost, stolen, or returned in unsaleable condition. Unsaleable condition includes damages incurred to the rented material as determined by the UCC Bookstore staff.
- I will return the rented material to the UCC Bookstore by the last day of finals of the term the rental occurs. The UCC Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipping to the store via any carrier.
- If I fail to return the rental materials by the rental return date, or if I return the rental items in unsaleable condition, I understand that a collateral card will be charged any late and lost fees.
- If I drop a course, rented materials must be returned immediately, even if I will be taking the course in a future term. The UCC Bookstore standard refund policy applies.
- I understand that I am renting this material for one term only. If I need the material for future terms, I must return the book to the UCC Bookstore by the deadline and re-rent the book depending on availablility.
- I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable for any reason, past the normal returns deadlines for course materials. (See textbook return policy)
- Books not returned and associated penalties may be assigned collection by a third party agency.